Monday, July 5, 2010

Sushi and Sashimi



Drawing sushi and sashimi has become something I'm passionate about these days. I enjoy the colors, textures and shapes of them. Their freshness and the combination of one ingredient to another are a thing of design-like. So, before I watch my pregnant wife devouring her favorite salmon belly sashimi, I make her watch me sketching those fresh orange-ish fish flesh into my favorite sketchbook.
Things those sushi chef create out of the fish products are just amazing. Especially the fish eggs. The texture of them and the creative way the chef prepare them are just to die for.

And of course there are types of fish that are just so delicious and deservedly expensive at the same time like the Maguro and Hamachi tunas. Some people may have a problem with their raw looks but if you can pass that, you may be treated to some greatly delicate taste of heavenly fish. I don't even want to imagine what they taste like when cooked because they taste so good when raw anyway.


So, next time, when you have time and some good fortune, go visit your favorite Japanese restaurant or sushi bar and order some really good sushi or sashimi and share this experience I always have when my eyes and tongue experience during our dining at a Japanese restaurant.

ITADIKAMASUUUUU ....

No comments: